Venue Policies & Procedures
The City of Norfolk’s SevenVenues strives to provide the best possible customer experience while providing a safe and healthy environment for all. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, venue personnel have adjusted building policies and procedures in accordance with CDC and Virginia Department of Health guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients, patrons and staff.
Everyone two years or older entering a SevenVenues property must a wear a facial covering and maintain appropriate physical distancing as recommended by the CDC and local health authorities. Plexiglass partitions have been installed where possible and physical distancing stickers have been placed on the ground to ensure that patrons are maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet apart while waiting in lines. Additionally, the box office has designed seating maps for each venue that allows for physical distancing.
Walk-through magnetometers are now located on all SevenVenues properties. Patrons who opt to not go through the magnetometer are subject to a physical and/or visual inspection of person and belongings. Failure to consent or submit to an inspection will result in denial of entry.
A clear bag policy is now in effect for public events at SevenVenues. Each patron is permitted to bring one approved bag into the venue and all bags are subject to search prior to entry. Patrons with bags that do not meet policy guidelines will be required to empty the contents into a complimentary clear bag prior to security screening. Effective May 10, 2021, patrons carrying bags that do not comply with the clear bag policy will be asked to purchase an approved clear bag and return their unapproved bags to their vehicle.
SevenVenues reserves the right to determine the method of security and wellness checks necessary to create a secure environment and will regularly communicate with local public health and City officials about additional safeguards that should be implemented. Please visit SevenVenues.com or follow us on social media for the latest news. You can also sign up to receive SevenVenues e-mails here.
We look forward to bringing our community back together and providing the finest entertainment in the region.
To request accessible seating, patrons can:
- Click the Request Accessible Tickets button on your event on Ticketmaster.com
- Call the Scope Arena box office at 757.664.6464
- Visit the Scope Arena box office Monday through Friday, between the hours of 10am and 5pm.
Accessible seating is reserved for the exclusive use of individuals with disabilities and their guests. The purchase or use of these seats by non-disabled individuals is strictly prohibited and can result in ejection and/or forfeiture of ticket price.
Box Office & Ticketing
As of November 2020, SevenVenues will utilize paperless tickets for all eligible shows. Additionally, ticket takers are required to use plastic face shields when scanning tickets and mobile devices.
- Lost Tickets - The box office can reprint tickets, provided the patron can verify the purchase.
- Facility Fees - All tickets will incur a facility fee ranging from $1 to $3 per ticket. Facility fees are used for capital improvements and the restoration of SevenVenues managed properties.
- Mail Delivery - The box office reserves the right to change tickets from mail delivery to will-call pickup at their discretion. Will-call pickup requires a valid photo ID.
- Gift Certificates - Gift certificates are available in various denominations. Please contact the box office at 757.664.6464.
- Group Sales - Please visit our Group Sales page for more information.
- Third Party Ticket Sellers – The Scope Arena box office and Ticketmaster are the only authorized sellers of tickets for all SevenVenues events. Ticketmaster Verified Tickets is the only authorized re-seller of tickets. For more information, please visit our Authorized Ticket Sales page.
For information on box office hours, click here.
Broadway in Norfolk 2021 Season – Patron Peace of Mind Policy
Broadway in Norfolk is prepared to make decisions about the 2021 schedule in response to changing conditions, and will communicate swiftly if changes develop. Likewise, Broadway in Norfolk recognizes that patrons’ plans or circumstances may change and is prepared to work with you to accommodate your needs.
The Broadway in Norfolk 2021 Season Peace of Mind Policy includes the following:
- If a local or state government has any restrictions in place prohibiting events at Chrysler Hall that cancels your event, you’ll automatically receive a refund.
- If your event is postponed or rescheduled, we will automatically move your tickets to the new performance date.
- If you have been ill or are in a high-risk group, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to find an acceptable solution.
For more information on the Broadway in Norfolk 2021 Season, click here.
Camera, Phone, Binocular and Video Recorder Policy
Professional cameras are prohibited inside all SevenVenues properties unless accompanied by appropriate media credentials. Media requests must be approved in advance by venue and tour management.
Cameras with a six-inch lens or smaller are permitted, however, promoters reserve the right to prohibit all cameras at certain events. Patrons can call 757.664.6464 to request the photo policy prior to an event.
Video and audio recording devices and selfie sticks are prohibited.
SevenVenues reserves the right to confiscate unapproved cameras or recording devices.
SevenVenues encourages families to enjoy performances together, however, in consideration of other ticket holders, most performances are not suitable for infants and toddlers unless otherwise specified. Children who have reached their second birthday are required to have a ticket. Some family shows designate a different age limit for tickets. If you have questions regarding this policy or the age appropriateness of a performance, please call 757.664.6464 or email [email protected].
SevenVenues has implemented enhanced cleaning protocols including but not limited to:
- Disinfecting high-touch areas such as escalator handrails, stair railings, door handles, purchase devices and elevator buttons with CDC recommended products multiple times during events.
- Deep cleaning of venues between events.
Clear Bag Policy
Each patron is permitted to bring one approved bag into the venue.
All approved bags are subject to search prior to entry.
Effective May 10, 2021, patrons carrying bags that do not comply with the clear bag policy will be asked to purchase an approved clear bag and return their unapproved bags to their vehicle.
- Clear plastic/vinyl bags including purses, backpacks and drawstring bags that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”. Logos must be limited to one side of the bag and should not exceed 4.5” x 3.4”.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (i.e. Ziploc or similar)
- Small clutch bags or wallets, with or without handle/strap, no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” (Do not need to be clear.)
- Medically necessary bags/equipment and diaper bags (Do not need to be clear. Contents subject to inspection prior to entry.)
- Binoculars cases (Binoculars must be compact/pocket sized and no larger than 6”x 6” when extended)
- Camera Cases (Camera lens cannot exceed 6”)
- Any unapproved bag larger than 4.5” x 6.5”
- Printed pattern plastic bags
- Fanny packs (unless clear and within size restriction)
- Briefcases and computer bags
Code of Conduct
SevenVenues is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all patrons. During the performance, talking, coughing, rustling of paper and noise from electronic devices disturbs performers and your fellow audience members. To ensure patrons and performers enjoy shows free of distractions, SevenVenues reserves the right to ask any individual to leave if his or her behavior is deemed disruptive.
Grounds for dismissal include but are not limited to: intoxication, disruption of a performance, occupying a seat for which you do not possess a ticket, obscene behavior, offensive language or attire, inappropriate public displays of affection, unauthorized vending, peddling promotional items and product sampling.
For your convenience, concession stands are available at most events for the purchase of snacks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Beverages are permitted inside the seating area for select events. To check if drinks are allowed inside the venue at your event, please ask an usher or concession staff upon arrival.
These additional measures have been implemented to ensure guest safety:
- Concession staff are required to wear facial coverings and gloves.
- Plastic safety shields have been installed at all purchase points.
- Shared condiment and utensil stations have been removed and replaced with single-use condiment packets and pre-packaged utensils.
- Lids are required on all beverages including soft drinks, wine and draft beers.
- Pre-packaged food options will be available for purchase.
SevenVenues doors open an hour and a half prior to show time, unless otherwise specified. Patrons should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled performance time to allow time to go through security, navigate the lines, find your seat and anything else you need to do before the performance starts. Every attempt is made to begin each performance at its scheduled time. Please be advised that many productions require that latecomers not be admitted until there is a suitable break, as deemed by the show’s director to be sure other patrons and the actors on stage are not disrupted. Will call is open two hours before each performance.
Employee Health Screening
SevenVenues employees are required to wear complete a health and wellness questionnaire prior to entering the venue each day. Those who do not meet the health and wellness criteria will be refused entry. Employees who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath will be asked to stay home.
Guests two years and older must wear a facial covering at all times on SevenVenues properties.
Hand Sanitizing Stations
SevenVenues has increased the number of hand sanitizing stations throughout the properties. These dispensers are located at entrances, exits, elevators, restrooms and concession stands on all floors of the venues.
Generally, performances will go on as scheduled regardless of inclement weather and no refunds will be issued. However, in the unlikely event that a performance is canceled, refunds will be promptly distributed. Please visit our Inclement Weather Page for the most up-to-date information.
Lost & Found
During intermission or after the event, please alert an usher if you have lost an item. If you are no longer at the venue, please call the receptionist at 757.664.6464 during business hours to check lost and found.
Venue parking garages and lots can fill quickly and are cash only on entry, so please expect delays on entry and exit. For more information on transportation options and a list of nearby garages, please visit our Plan Your Visit page.
Patrons are encouraged to use credit cards or purchase advanced parking passes when feasible to avoid cash transactions.
SevenVenues parking attendants are required to wear facial coverings and gloves.
Patrons are asked to maintain appropriate physical distancing as recommended by the CDC and local health authorities. Plexiglass partitions have been installed where possible and physical distancing stickers have been placed on the ground to ensure that patrons are maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet apart while waiting in lines. Additionally, the box office has designed seating maps that allow for physical distancing.
Elevator capacity is limited to four people at a time including an elevator attendant.
Restroom attendants will limit restroom capacities
To ensure a safe and enjoyable environment, SevenVenues has implemented new security measures.
Entering a SevenVenues facility constitutes consent to metal detector screening, physical and/or visual inspection of person and belongings. Failure to consent or submit to an inspection will result in denial of entry. In order to increase the efficiency of this process, guests should minimize the number of personal items they bring to the venue.
- Illegal weapons
- Bags that do not meet the SevenVenues clear bag policy guidelines
- Outside food, beverages and coolers
- Glass or metal bottles, cans or thermoses (refillable plastic bottles permitted)
- Cameras with 6” lens or more (media with credentials permitted)
- Video/audio recording devices
- Selfie sticks
- Animals (service animals permitted)
- Laser pointers/pens
- Masks that cover the entire face (except plastic face shields)
- Any item deemed dangerous or inappropriate by venue personnel
Service Animals are allowed on the premises under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) that comply with additional identification requirements of Virginia Law. Service Animals must be trained to assist a disabled person with a major life activity. In general, Service Animals may accompany a disabled person in our facilities. Service Animals must have an official harness, backpack or vest identifying the animal as a trained service animal (VA 51.5-44). Companion and therapy animals/pets are NOT covered under ADA and are excluded from this exemption, therefore our policies regarding service animals does not extend to “therapy dogs” or “emotional support animals."
Please note that under Section (VA 51.5-44.1) Any person who knowingly and willfully fits a dog with a harness, collar, vest or sign, or uses an identification card commonly used by a person with a disability, in order to represent that the dog is a service dog or hearing dog to fraudulently gain public access for such dog pursuant to provisions in Section (VA51.5-44) is guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.
Service Animals are not permitted to occupy seats in any of our facilities.
All SevenVenues properties are entirely smoke free. This includes electronic cigarettes. There are designated outdoor smoking areas available. Please be advised that performances may include smoking by artists onstage. Strobe, haze and other special effects may also be used during performances.