Welcome to the July 2021 SevenVenues Culture Club!
We have a lot to celebrate this month, so let’s get started:
- Canada Day – July 1 – In honor of our neighbors to the north, we have curated a list of our favorite Canadian performers who have graced the many stages of SevenVenues.
- International Joke Day – July 1 – We never underestimate the power of humor at SevenVenues, which is why comedy is such a staple in our programming. If your stand-up routine could use some brushing up, this category’s selections featuring a few of our past comedians will surely inspire you.
- World UFO Day – July 2 – Still not sure what to believe when it comes to UFOs? Neither are we! But we do know NASA astronaut and former SevenVenues speaker Jim Lovell can enlighten us on the glory days of the NASA space program and the perilous adventures he experienced as Commander of Apollo 13.
- Independence Day – July 4 – As we celebrate our Declaration of Independence from Britain check out our selections from former SevenVenues speakers that discuss the people, stories, and events that make up our great country.
- International Chocolate Day – July 7 – On this date in 1550, chocolate was first introduced to Europe, leading to its arrival to Florida on a Spanish ship in 1641…where it eventually made its way to Buddy Valastro’s pantry. We kid! But we do know there is no one better than Buddy Valastro to inspire you on this most important day. Check out our selections for some of Buddy’s most sought-after recipes.
- Bastille Day – July 14 – In honor of the anniversary of Storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789, a turning point of the French Revolution, this category’s selections celebrates the inspirational French performers and performances that have passed through our venues over the years.
- National Scotch Day – July 27 – Drinking Scotch is a legendary part of his routine, so no SevenVenues performer better personifies National Scotch Day than Ron White. If you missed one of his many performances at Chrysler Hall, pour a glass and check out our selections to see what you’re missing.
- Harry Potter’s Birthday – July 31 – Dust off your broomstick, pick up your wand and plan on joining us in celebrating the magical world of Harry Potter! Our selections focus on the behind-the-scenes stories of the Harry Potter film series including interviews with the cast and crew, never-before-seen photographs and illustrations, and unseen manuscript pages.
Remember, all our book, music and video selections are related to artists and performances that have taken place at a SevenVenues property. If you have a request, please let us know on our SevenVenues Culture Club Facebook group.
Happy reading, listening and watching!
|Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morisette
“I was a teenager when Jagged Little Pill debuted. I was a big Tori Amos fan, and was immediately drawn to this new powerhouse vocalist whose lyrics were incredibly poetic, passionate, and at times eerily relatable. Alanis Morissette burst onto the music scene with lots to say. This album drew me in, and I learned every single word to every song. My girlfriends and I would drive around with all the windows rolled down blasting “You Learn,” “Ironic,” “You Oughta Know,” “Hand In My Pocket,” and “Head Over Feet”. We were all theater kids who all wanted to be rock stars, and Alanis was the pinnacle of female rockstars in the mid-nineties. I recently shared this album with my 18-year-old daughter. She loved watching my reaction every time a new song would start, “I LOVE THIS SONG! TURN IT UP!,” and we rolled down the windows so I could sing at the very top of my lungs. This album is still a perfect story from start to finish, and I cannot wait to see how this translates onto the stage.”