SevenVenues Event Services Team is the central logistics figure for special events taking place in the City of Norfolk. The Event Services Team is composed of Event Coordinators and Production Crew. Event Coordinators gather information from clients, and feedback from civil organizations and government departments, to compile and disseminate information timely and efficiently. Our Team coordinates every facet of clients’ events taking place in Norfolk’s facilities: Norfolk Scope, Chrysler Hall, the Attucks Theatre, the Wells Theatre, Harrison Opera House, Harbor Park, and Open Air spaces.
We are pleased to offer unpaid full-time and part-time internships to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Recreation, Tourism, Hospitality, Arts/Performing Administration, Event/Stage Management, and other relevant degree programs. Anyone interested in the logistical and government aspect of events is encouraged to apply.
Job Description: This is a challenging, fast-paced and fun internship that provides a wealth of hands-on experience in the event industry. Interns work collaboratively with the Internship Supervisor to craft a work plan based on learning goals. All work plans include assisting Event Coordinators (ECs) with a variety of events from start to finish. Previous work plans have involved research and special projects. Exceptional candidates have the opportunity to coordinate their own event. We require reliable, responsible candidates who can work independently.
- Participate in planning meetings with SevenVenues, City Staff and clients as scheduled
- Prepare and generate reports
- Assist ECs on event days by providing service to clients and the public
- Maintain digital and physical archives
- Conduct facility tours for potential private event clients
- Outstanding interpersonal and phone skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Event planning or coordination experience is preferred
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and occasional holidays
Spring semester, January to April – Full-time deadline October 15st; part-time deadline November 1st
Summer semester, Mid-May to August – Full-time deadline February 28th; part-time deadline March 1st
Fall semester, September to December – Full-time deadline July 15st; part-time deadline August 1st
Time Commitment: Office hours, Monday to Friday from 8:30a to 5:00p, evenings, weekends and holidays
Compensation: The internship is an unpaid position that may be used for school credit. Interns will have the opportunity to enjoy upcoming events and free parking at Scope Garage
Location: Scope Arena Administration Office. 201 E. Brambleton Ave, Norfolk VA 23510
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]