Event Team Internship Opportunity
Do you enjoy a challenge and a fast-paced work environment? Are you looking for an impactful internship in which each day is different from the last?
The SevenVenues Event Services Team is currently recruiting for college-level interns for the upcoming summer, spring, and fall semesters. This is a fun and flexible internship opportunity that provides a wealth of hands-on experience in the event industry. Both part-time and full-time opportunities are available.
- Must be enthusiastic and committed to the position. We require reliable, responsible candidates who can work independently.
- Undergraduate or graduate level students majoring in a related field, such as Recreation and Tourism, Sports Management, Event Management, Hospitality, etc.
- Some event coordination experience is preferred.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and occasionally holidays.
- Excellent writing skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Interns will work collaboratively with their supervisor to craft a work plan for the semester. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting facility tours for potential clients.
- Attending weekly planning meetings, as well as client meetings as scheduled.
- Providing administrative support to the Events Team.
- Acting as an assistant on event days providing service to clients or the public attending the event.
- Coordinating an event from start to finish, including planning logistics and preparing cost estimates.
- Creating maps and forms, as well as drafting policies and procedures.
Additional Information and How to Apply:
The internship is an unpaid position. Parking will be provided at no charge and interns will have the opportunity to enjoy upcoming shows and events. Students can use this internship for school credit or if they simply want to gain experience.
The main office is located at Scope Arena Administration Office. 201 E. Brambleton Ave, Norfolk VA 23510. Events are held in the Seven Venues facilities and outdoors locations throughout the city of Norfolk.
To apply for an internship position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Christine Rucker, Administrative Assistant at [email protected]. No phone calls please.